If you have decided to spend a vacation at Fiesta Island, it might be useful to know the Fiesta Island bonfire rules before heading there.
Can You Have Bonfires on Fiesta Island?
Fiesta Island bonfire rules allow you to have a fire in one of the designated fire rings on the beach. Use only charcoal or clean wood to build a fire. Bringing your own fire pits or building a fire outside those fire rings is not permitted.
Can You Have a Fire On Fiesta Island?
No beach vacation is complete without having a bonfire and gathering around it. You are probably planning to visit Fiesta Island to spend a weekend there.
However, you need to know the Fiesta Island bonfire rules for safety reasons and the protection of the environment. Here are the bonfire rules:
Fiesta Island Bonfire Rules:
- Use charcoal or clean wood to build a fire: You can either use charcoal or clean wood to build a fire.
- Fires are allowed in the fire rings only: There are over 37 fire rings on the Fiesta Island shores. Use one of those designated fire rings.
- Occupy your spot on a first come first served basis: Fiesta Island is crowded on weekends. Come early in order to occupy a spot for a bonfire.
- Never leave a fire burning unattended: In order to ensure the safety of beachgoers, and children on the beach you should never leave a fire burning unattended.
- Portable fire pits are not permitted: Bringing your own portable fire pits to Fiesta Island is not permitted.
- No bonfire between 12 AM to 05 AM: Wait until 5 AM to start your campfire.
- Special permit required for large groups: Large events like weddings, water events, and parties require a special permit from the parks and recreation department of the city of San Diego.
- Building a fire directly on the sand is not allowed: Building a fire out of those available fire rings is not allowed. This is for the safety of beachgoers.
- Burning of trash is strictly prohibited: Burning palettes, paper, yard waste, and construction waste is strictly prohibited.
- Take your coals back home when leaving: You should not bury the ashes and coal in the sand.
- Use water or a fire extinguisher to stop the fire: Don’t use sand to extinguish the fire.
- Don’t Build a Large Fire: The fire should not be more than one foot high above the fire pit rim.
Fiesta Island Fire Pit Rules
Spend a great vacation full of fun and excitement on Fiesta Island.
In order to avoid any inconvenience and for the safety of others, follow the Fiesta Island bonfire rules provided by the city of San Diego parks and recreation department.